Popular Posts

Monday, March 12, 2012

Back in the Saddle


I heard the funniest story the other day... A friend told me about a southern gentlemen's toast that he would never share among ladies. It involved his two favorite things, women and horses, and something about reincarnating as a...

In any case, I am back in the saddle. Meaning I am back to work and traveling around the district again. Tonight I am in Marshall. Tomorrow Pilot Station. I love what I do so very much, and I treasure every moment with new friends and colleagues around the Lower Yukon School District. As relationships are built and trust grows I can really begin to be of assistance to these wonderful educators. 

My gifts are with technology, creativity, and problem solving. I thrive on the conditions that make the Bush the Bush. The crumby internet connections, the finicky hardware, and the ever-annoying weather patterns that wreak havoc on well deserved breaks to name a few. Don't get me wrong, I snap every now and again. Just this last weekend we lost water on Friday for about 4 hours. I nearly lost my cool. A few ill chosen vulgarities later, I was sane and relatively content with my surroundings.

The truth of the matter is I am addicted to challenge. I am addicted to the changes I find myself facing more often than I would like sometimes. I am who I am because of those events, though. The man, the myth, the legend. ;-)  Thanks for reading and I hope you know I love to kid around... I think it's time for this cowboy to ride his bedroll off into the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment