Popular Posts

Sunday, March 3, 2013

No Rest for the Weary

These last two weeks have been a wild ride, to say the least... 

Beginning with a full schedule of traveling at sites, I rushed back to Mountain to clean up, wash clothes, and catch a plane to St. Mary's. Heading in to Anchorage, my colleague and I grabbed a rental and hit the nearest sushi spot. In Anchorage for the Alaska Society for Education conference, I had the pleasure of working with the finest educators in Alaska to solve problems and discuss the future of education in Alaska. Learning together I built friendships and networked with individuals that will assist me in my professional growth for many years to come. 

Heading back to the village with 21 days of water in my house since December 14th, I was anxious to find out if I would get a shower once I arrived. Thrilled beyond reason, I found my home in Mountain Village warm and with water! Life is good. 

Never a dull moment, I rolled right in from the airport and went straight to the office. Getting ready for the Site Tech Inservice Friday night through Sunday night there were errands to run, plans to be made, and agendas to be written.  Once everyone arrived there were laughs and stories shared late into the evening. Guitar Hero and Band Hero passed the hours quickly and the inservice days were informative and meaningful. 

Saturday night we decided to gather for some crazy fun on the frozen Yukon by recreating the Harlem Shake... Yukon style! 


No comments:

Post a Comment